Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Food52. Serves 4.
- 1 Grow and Behold Butcher’s Cut Duckling
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup light honey (such as clover or linden)
- 2 tablespoons dark honey (such as buckwheat honey)
- 2 tablespoons ras al hanout
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons orange blossom water (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a skillet and add the olive oil. Then, add the ginger and brown until the color begins to change.
- Add the duck pieces and brown for around 2- 3 minutes on each side. Once the skin has browned, sprinkle the surface of the duck with the ras al hanout.
- Add the light honey to the skillet, with enough water to cover the base of the skillet, plus 1’3 of the way up the duck pieces. (The actual amount will depend upon the size of your skillet).
- Reduce the heat and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook the duck gently for about 25 minutes.
- Then, add the dark honey and the bay leaves, then cover the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finally add the orange blossom water and cover. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Season to taste, and serve