- 3-4 lbs Beef Marrow Bones
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- At least 4 1/2-inch-thick slices of crusty bread, toasted
Roast the Marrow Bones
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put bones, cut side up, on foil-lined baking sheet or in ovenproof skillet. Cook until marrow is soft and has begun to separate from the bone, about 15-20 minutes. (Stop before marrow begins to drizzle out.)
Make the Parsley Salad
Meanwhile, combine parsley, shallots and capers in small bowl. Just before bones are ready, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle dressing over parsley mixture until leaves are just coated.
Put roasted bones, parsley salad, salt and toast on a large plate. To serve, scoop out marrow, spread on toast, sprinkle with salt and top with parsley salad.