Recipe by Melinda Strauss, Kitchen-Tested.com
Original post here
For the pizza:
- 1 pre-made pizza dough, room temperature
- Grilled Grow and Behold Rose Veal Short Ribs (recipe below)
- 2 jalapeños, grilled
- 1 4-oz. can crushed pineapple, strained
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Grilled Rose Veal Short Ribs
- 1-2 pounds Grow and Behold Short Ribs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil on both sides of the short ribs then sprinkle with the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and rub it into the meat. Wrap the veal tightly in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, remove the veal from the fridge and bring to room temperature on the counter for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees F. then place the short ribs on the grill, close the barbecue and cook for 30 minutes. Turn over the short ribs, close the barbecue and cook for 30 more minutes. Remove the veal short ribs from the grill and set on a cutting board. Cover the veal with foil to keep warm.
- Prepare the toppings: chop the veal short ribs into small pieces, slice the jalapeño (you can remove the seeds if you don’t want the extra heat), drain the crushed pineapple and have the arugula ready by the grill.
- Slice the pre-made pizza dough into two pieces and stretch each one into a thin circle. Drizzle both sides of the dough with a bit of olive oil then carefully place the dough rounds on the grill. Cover the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the top of the dough begins to bubble.
- Flip over the pizza dough then add the toppings: first the veal, then the jalapeño and pineapple and top with the arugula. Cover the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the grill, place on a cutting board, slice and eat!