Roast Chicken is always a winner around here. Top each piece with a thin slice of lemon or orange, and baste once while roasting — the result is not only beautiful, but delicious: caramelized candied citrus.
- 1 Grow & Behold Chicken, Cut in 1/8ths
- 1 tablespoon ancho pepper
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 2 tablespoons za’atar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3-6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 lemons, cut in 1/8ths (you can save one to slice in rounds to put on top of the chicken if you like, it looks nice)
- 2lbs small yukon gold potatoes, or other potatoes cut in 1″ chunks (optional)
- Combine spices, garlic, olive oil and chicken in a zipper-top bag and marinate, at least 30 minutes and up to over night.
- Arrange in a singer layer in a roasting pan. Add potatoes, if using. Place lemon rings on top of chicken, if you like. Roast at 325F for 60 minutes (remove breasts) and another 30 minutes for the dark meat, until meat is tender and the bones feel loose.
If you need to reheat before serving, do so uncovered so the skin stays crispy, or serve at room temp.