- Juice and zest of 3 limes
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small onion or 1/4 of a large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Minute London Broil, Crescent Steak, Hanger Steak or Skirt Steak (cut into 2 pieces to fit in your pan if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime, cut into six wedges
Make the marinade
Whisk together lime juice and zest, orange juice and zest, olive oil, garlic, onion, oregano, cumin and pepper in a bowl. Reserve half a cup of the marinade to drizzle over grilled steaks.
Marinate steaks, refrigerated, at least one hour or overnight.
Cook the steaks
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. If you can only keep your hand over the heat for 2 to 3 seconds, it’s hot enough! Brush grill lightly with vegetable oil. Place steaks on grill and grill 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Remove steaks from the grill, drizzle with reserved marinade, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest 10 minutes.
Garnish with limes and serve steaks individually or sliced on a platter. Add salt to taste.