- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup choped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt or 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef or lamb, or 8 oz chopped roast beef
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13″ or 11×7″ baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and, if using, turmeric. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft and translucent, 5-10 minutes. Add the meat and cook, stirring, until it loses its red color, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir into the potato mixture.
3. Spoon into the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.