Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Epicurious. Serves 6-8
- 2 cups of cooked, leftover Grow and Behold turkey, shredded or cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers (any color), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 (19-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the onion and peppers in oil in a heavy pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and soft- around 12-15 minutes. Add the spices and brown sugar and cook, stirring, until fragrant- around 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, breaking them up with back of a spoon, then add beans, water, and simmer, covered, for around 15 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and let stand, covered, until the turkey is heated through- around 5 minutes. Season and serve.